Autumn is here, and now is the time to celebrate the season of change. To celebrate, we are hanging garland made of corn husk, dressing up our window boxes, creating centerpieces from foraged materials and so much more. Whether you are selling your home or staying put, these seven tips will make your home the perfect Harvest Home.
1. Make an Entrance Create an inviting outdoor display for your home that the neighbors will marvel over. From to wooden-wheat wreaths the DIY ideas are endless. Another RealtySouth favorite is a gourd door stopper, purchase a large pumpkin or gourd, place it in front of a door in your home and wah-la! Practical and festive! (Psst... prospective buyers love to see a home that is celebrated.)
2. Dress up your Window Boxes A great way to repurpose your window boxes in the fall is to fill them with piles of mini pumpkins, gourds, wheat and dried corn. This is a great low-maintenance spruce of Autumn that can also add great curb appeal to any real estate listing.
3. Use What You Have Simplicity is key. Set your copper pots and pans out on display and fill your fruit bowl with apples, figs, pears or any other seasonal fruit. Make use of your vases and empty glass jars by filling them up with pinecones, tall branches from your backyard or wine corks.
4. Add Warm Lighting Swap your standard light bulbs in your floor or table lamps to Edison bulbs. For an extra step, you can also swap out your overhead lights to a “soft-white” bulb instead of a daylight or cool-white. This will ensure a luminous Fall glow in your home.
5. Get Cozy Pillows and throw blankets are great and inexpensive way to add that autumn finesse in your home. When thinking pillows, there is no need to buy new ones for just a season when you can refurbish your existing with pillow covers. Shop our Favorite.
6. Change Your Scents Invite Fall into your home and swap your candles out for rich, warm scents. Some scents like orange and citrus scents are great for boosting energy, while others like bergamot help with relaxation. If you are selling your home, adding seasonal wall plug-ins can help create a welcoming buyer experience.
7. Decorate Statement Spaces Utilizing space you already have is a great way to bring in that seasonal flair. Adding tall candlesticks, dried flowers, berries and even a couple of vintage books to your centerpiece, mantle or bar cart is a great way to incorporate those Fall looks.
You can find items used here in your local craft store and at your local nursery. Be sure to share your harvest ideas and looks by tagging @RealtySouth_ in your Instagram posts or @realtysouth for Facebook. Happy Harvest Home, friends!
Love the decor in these photos? It could be yours! Head over to our Instagram and enter our Harvest Home Giveaway!
STAY INFORMED BY SUBSCRIBING TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
RealtySouth is a full-service brokerage firm of HomeServices of America Inc., and a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, RealtySouth serves the entire state and has been a member of the community since 1955. To better serve our community and provide a smooth and successful real estate transaction, our company offers a comprehensive package of real estate services. Our services include relocation through our Relocation Services Department, mortgages through Prosperity Home Mortgage, title search through TitleSouth, insurance needs via InsuranceSouth, Title Closing Centers, warranty services and of course connecting you with the real estate agent to introduce you to the home of your dreams. View homes for sale and contact us today to get started!
Connect with us on social media! Like RealtySouth on Facebook, stay updated with us on Twitter, check out images of our properties and local events on Instagram, virtually tour our latest listings on YouTube and get ideas for your home and all things lifestyle with us on Pinterest.